I have been nominated for a Liebster Award that recognizes new blogs and blogs with a readership of less than 200. I started this blog in April, 2012 looking for a way to tell the stories of my life with family, horses, dogs and all our adventures. It has been so rewarding to see the readership that has grown and the support I garnered from you all as Bruno’s, my OTTB horse, story unfolded and continued. I got some interesting comments from friends and family that had tuned into my blog to stay updated with my family. But they told me they had kept reading the blog because of a horse that had captured their imaginations.
I learned of the nomination while on vacation in Maui and was so thrilled to have Stephanie from Ngugi’s Word (http://ngugiottb.wordpress.com/) nominate me for this award. By itself, that was a wonderful gift. I have enjoyed her blog as I have worked to find additional new blogs to nominate.
It took some work to pick which new blogs that I enjoyed most just due to the vast number and variety of blogs available. I list below an eclectic eleven blogs that range from good advice on living life, to horses, therapy poodles, and Doberman.
Here are the rules I was given and the information I was requested to present.
Here are the rules: 1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster award logo.
5. No tag backs.
Here are eleven facts about me:
1. Ever since I was in grade school, I wanted to be a writer and rider. My dad was an Irishman who always had a story to tell. He also owned quarter horses from the day I was born as well.
2. I am a Colorado native, but circumstances (like wanting to be employed) have led me to live in south Texas.
3. I have three daughters, three granddaughters and one grandson!
4. The best days of my life are spent with my family at the farm or on the beach.
5. I love to read.
6. I consider myself athletic although in recent years, too much food and too little exercise make me not necessarily like the reflection in mirror.
7. I cannot see myself living anywhere but on my little farm (although a condo in Maui in the winter and a Colorado ranch in the summer have a certain appeal!).
8. I cannot imagine a life without my animals.
9. My doctor once told me I was the most resilient person he knew; physically, mentally and intellectually. I think that is good.
10. I would love to ride horses in Ireland one day.
11. I am lucky in so many ways to live the life I am living.
My answers to the questions I was asked:
1) What do animals do for you? Animals create a connection to a spiritual world that I find the best of places for me to be.
2) What do you remember from 8th grade English class? Realizing I wanted to write to in some way, somehow, the rest of my life.
3) What would you change about yourself if you could? I would be less mercurial and more settled.
4) What has been your proudest moment? I do not know. I have been blessed so many times and in so many ways, from my biggest success in having a wonderful family to successes personally and professionally. I cannot pick one moment.
5) Who do you admire the most in your life and why? My father is who I always have admired most. He came from a small town, with no opportunities and yet succeeded hugely in life.
6) If you could make a soundtrack to your life, what song would definitely be on it? “I had the time of my life”
7) Do you have a favorite mantra? Live openly, love even the threat and the pain.
8) How do you define a relationship? Two people who care and support one another
9) What do you spend most of your time thinking about? Ways to do things better.
10) What scares you? Many things, finances, pain, being alone, but I have fought back against many things and won. I will always fight back again.
11) What’s your favorite thing about blogging? Sharing the stupid, nutty things that happen in my life with a sense of humor so that even the bad can be good.
Eleven questions to my nominees:
1. What caused you to start blogging?
2. What was the hardest thing you have ever walked away from?
3. What do you wish would change in your every day life?
4. If you review your blogs, what are you most passionate about?
5. If you had to start a new blog on a total different subject, or a specific subject what would it be?
6. What was the best moment of your life?
7. Where would you live if money and family were not an issue?
8. If you could be a superior athlete, what would be your sport?
9. What is one trait you wish you had more of that you don’t?
10. What is one somewhat unique ability you have that most people don’t?
11. If you had only five books to read (and re-read) for the rest of your life what would two of them be?
And now it’s my turn to nominate 11 blogs that I enjoy reading, find informative, motivating or just fun.
- Random Thoughts of a Senile Old Man
- Mark This Day
- Our House on a Hill
- MMC Eventing
- Kady Hobbins
- Puppy Jack Pot
- Desk Jockeys
- Pearl Snaps
- Dobermann Daze
- Ike’s Centerline Adventures
- Bits, Belts and Breeches
I want to thank all the people who tune into our blogs and hope they will take a look at these blogs I have nominated. Each of these blogs, in different ways, with different topics has been a pleasure to read. To all of you, thank you for reading Exechorseluver. To my nominees, keep writing and I will keep riding along!